sugarvalves [1963573] —
Original article
Fifty billion currently sits unclaimed in arrest rewards. First ten-star Detective Agency looks set to arrive imminently. Mass high-profile arrests predicted to follow.
The release of the arrest function as a special for the Detective Agency company was highly anticipated, with nobody quite sure as to how this new ability would affect Torn City life. Would the jail population triple? Might lawyer's cards increase in price as a result? And would busting now become a full-time job?
These are just some of the questions asked by a hypothetical person who exists solely within the confines of my mind. And yet here I am, answering them all the same. If truth be told, the jail rarely seems to house any victims of the Detective Agency, but the statistics show that looks can be deceiving, as since the 15th of April there have been 4,924 arrests made in Torn City.

Pictured: Sweet, sensual justice.
This works out at approximately 53 arrests per day. And with detectives bagging an average of $450,000 per prisoner, nearly $24million is being made daily through the simple act of corralling criminals, with the total proceeds coming to $2.21billion since April. Incredibly, all of this has been achieved without the ten-star Wanted List perk, a special which allows detectives to view the most lucrative arrests that can be made in Torn City. But several agencies are coming close, with Fester's nine-star company BUSTERz hotly anticipating their acquisition of the Wanted List.
"Mostly when I chain, I arrest. When we get to 10*, I will be stacking energy to do arrests, and hopefully start competition event for my company with prizes for the one with most arrests in a time period."
Another agency closing in on ten-star status is The winning side owned by Wazzap, who are sat with five other firms on eight stars at present. Wassap thinks that the arrest function was a good move which allows citizens to utilise the jail more, and just like Fester, his employees also like to use this ability during a chain.
"It also helps while chaining now as you are able to recoup some money as you are attacking. My self and a few of my guys have worked really hard to get the company up where we wanna get but keeping employees is one of the hardest parts I think at the moment I have spent 300m on wages on average I lose about 4m a day as people don't see the benefits being that great. I know once at 10star we will be able to use the company to best of its ability. But until then it's really hard to run one without knowing if anyone has an arrest warrant."
Wazzap told me that the average arrest gains him $1million right now, and to increase earnings, he would like to see jail busters gain an arrest warrant for the crime of denying him his living. Yet even without this addition, a job as a Detective seems to be rather profitable for both boss and employee. The winning side's Client Liaison SpicyPepperami described his role as "very profitable", albeit less so than those offered by other companies. He felt that the DA really needs the 10-star special to make this job truly worthwhile; unless of course, you're very lucky.
"It depends sometimes it can only be a few hundred thousand...depends on the target....best I've had in a single arrest is £2.5m but the high ones are very rare. It depends on who you arrest and the rewards you get for the arrest, until the company gets 10 stars and you can see the highest wanted."

With seven companies closing in on ten-star status, the average takings for a detective will soon rise sharply, so I would encourage potential gumshoes to apply to the top firms as soon as possible. However, with some detectives complaining of low proceeds, what surprises me is the lack of collusion thus far between highly active criminals and low-level detectives. Torn loves some underhanded shenanigans, especially when it comes to money.
If one were so inclined, a busy criminal could allow themselves to be arrested by a Detective and split the profit afterwards. So is this something you have considered or are considering? If so, let the Torn City Times know via the Tell Your Story feature.
TELL YOUR STORY
Of course, the arrest function isn't the only special on offer at the Detective Agency. The Friend or Foe perk allows employees to see who has added them as a friend or an enemy, and while many DA workers have used this to satiate their own curiosity, many believe they should be able to share this function with others for a price, as SpicyPepperami requests.
"Make it so you can use on anyone so it can be a sold to others commodity so they can pay to see whos friended/blacklisted them...There is no set price on a revive and yet I've had between 1m and 25m for a revive given. I think that it should be automatically scaled on amount of friends/enemies of the person who requests it."
"You could say 10k for each friend/enemy but that doesn't make it very profitable for those with few friends/enemies. You could say 100k for each friend/enemy but then those with hundreds will be paying a fortune (but I suppose if they have that many enemies they could probably afford it). It's a difficult one to judge!"
This is an opinion shared by Wazzap, who estimates a price of around two million for the Friends and Foe Perk would be acceptable. THEGR81, Director of BIG DICK'S, also believes you should be able to sell this special. He owns an eight-star agency which employs just one other person and feels the DA needs more moneymaking opportunities since its stat requirements are extremely high. THEGR81 is presently paying out five times his income in salary per day, despite possessing just one employee - a Chief Investigator by the name of Droxi.

Pictured: A place where office romance is incredibly risky
Sadly, it seems THEGR81 has failed to notice the fantastic financial rewards on offer for those who disrupt flights. The Detective Agency's seven-star special allows employees to delay an opponent's time in the air anonymously, and thus far only 174 people have suffered from this fate. The flight delay perk is something which could easily be sold to people outside of the agency, with importers, addicts and competition leaders all potentially threatened by a delay to their travels. Yet as Wazzap explains, there is some trouble in calculating a value for this very specific service.
"I haven't delayed any flights yet as we haven't come up with a price. As 50points is a lot. I currently have 300+ points and saving for the 10 star bonuses."
BUSTERz owner Fester has managed to sell this special on one occasion, with a $15million fee the agreed price. He said that his victim thought it was hilarious, but he plans to use it for himself in future if he needs to due to a conflict with his enemies.
"In the past I had a certain squabble with a tv director that kept bounties on me, if I had the flight perk then I would have delayed all his flights along with bounties..."
Another way the flight special could be used is to benefit either the recipient or one's self. Hospitalising is a good way to save someone from the threat of assault, but staying in the air is even better, as it does not require you to turn off revives or commit an act of self-harm. Based on the comments I've received from various directors, it seems that the Detective Agency could be used to earn far more money than it is currently doing.
Even if busters aren't made arrestable, and even if Friend or Foe is never made saleable, the arrest and flight delay functions can and should be a lucrative source of income for those who know how to use them - either legitimately or scandalously. And with the first ten-star Detective Agency looking imminent, these companies are set to rake in even more cash in the near future.
I sent an information request through to Chedburn earlier today to ascertain the total amount of cash available to detectives from those with outstanding warrants. The figure he provided me blew my socks off, and so, I sit here typing the following number completely bare-footed. The total worth of every Torn citizen who has not yet been arrested is:
$56,575,780,867
These are just some of the questions asked by a hypothetical person who exists solely within the confines of my mind. And yet here I am, answering them all the same. If truth be told, the jail rarely seems to house any victims of the Detective Agency, but the statistics show that looks can be deceiving, as since the 15th of April there have been 4,924 arrests made in Torn City.

Pictured: Sweet, sensual justice.
This works out at approximately 53 arrests per day. And with detectives bagging an average of $450,000 per prisoner, nearly $24million is being made daily through the simple act of corralling criminals, with the total proceeds coming to $2.21billion since April. Incredibly, all of this has been achieved without the ten-star Wanted List perk, a special which allows detectives to view the most lucrative arrests that can be made in Torn City. But several agencies are coming close, with Fester's nine-star company BUSTERz hotly anticipating their acquisition of the Wanted List.
"Mostly when I chain, I arrest. When we get to 10*, I will be stacking energy to do arrests, and hopefully start competition event for my company with prizes for the one with most arrests in a time period."
Another agency closing in on ten-star status is The winning side owned by Wazzap, who are sat with five other firms on eight stars at present. Wassap thinks that the arrest function was a good move which allows citizens to utilise the jail more, and just like Fester, his employees also like to use this ability during a chain.
"It also helps while chaining now as you are able to recoup some money as you are attacking. My self and a few of my guys have worked really hard to get the company up where we wanna get but keeping employees is one of the hardest parts I think at the moment I have spent 300m on wages on average I lose about 4m a day as people don't see the benefits being that great. I know once at 10star we will be able to use the company to best of its ability. But until then it's really hard to run one without knowing if anyone has an arrest warrant."
Wazzap told me that the average arrest gains him $1million right now, and to increase earnings, he would like to see jail busters gain an arrest warrant for the crime of denying him his living. Yet even without this addition, a job as a Detective seems to be rather profitable for both boss and employee. The winning side's Client Liaison SpicyPepperami described his role as "very profitable", albeit less so than those offered by other companies. He felt that the DA really needs the 10-star special to make this job truly worthwhile; unless of course, you're very lucky.
"It depends sometimes it can only be a few hundred thousand...depends on the target....best I've had in a single arrest is £2.5m but the high ones are very rare. It depends on who you arrest and the rewards you get for the arrest, until the company gets 10 stars and you can see the highest wanted."

With seven companies closing in on ten-star status, the average takings for a detective will soon rise sharply, so I would encourage potential gumshoes to apply to the top firms as soon as possible. However, with some detectives complaining of low proceeds, what surprises me is the lack of collusion thus far between highly active criminals and low-level detectives. Torn loves some underhanded shenanigans, especially when it comes to money.
If one were so inclined, a busy criminal could allow themselves to be arrested by a Detective and split the profit afterwards. So is this something you have considered or are considering? If so, let the Torn City Times know via the Tell Your Story feature.
TELL YOUR STORY
Of course, the arrest function isn't the only special on offer at the Detective Agency. The Friend or Foe perk allows employees to see who has added them as a friend or an enemy, and while many DA workers have used this to satiate their own curiosity, many believe they should be able to share this function with others for a price, as SpicyPepperami requests.
"Make it so you can use on anyone so it can be a sold to others commodity so they can pay to see whos friended/blacklisted them...There is no set price on a revive and yet I've had between 1m and 25m for a revive given. I think that it should be automatically scaled on amount of friends/enemies of the person who requests it."
"You could say 10k for each friend/enemy but that doesn't make it very profitable for those with few friends/enemies. You could say 100k for each friend/enemy but then those with hundreds will be paying a fortune (but I suppose if they have that many enemies they could probably afford it). It's a difficult one to judge!"
This is an opinion shared by Wazzap, who estimates a price of around two million for the Friends and Foe Perk would be acceptable. THEGR81, Director of BIG DICK'S, also believes you should be able to sell this special. He owns an eight-star agency which employs just one other person and feels the DA needs more moneymaking opportunities since its stat requirements are extremely high. THEGR81 is presently paying out five times his income in salary per day, despite possessing just one employee - a Chief Investigator by the name of Droxi.

Pictured: A place where office romance is incredibly risky
Sadly, it seems THEGR81 has failed to notice the fantastic financial rewards on offer for those who disrupt flights. The Detective Agency's seven-star special allows employees to delay an opponent's time in the air anonymously, and thus far only 174 people have suffered from this fate. The flight delay perk is something which could easily be sold to people outside of the agency, with importers, addicts and competition leaders all potentially threatened by a delay to their travels. Yet as Wazzap explains, there is some trouble in calculating a value for this very specific service.
"I haven't delayed any flights yet as we haven't come up with a price. As 50points is a lot. I currently have 300+ points and saving for the 10 star bonuses."
BUSTERz owner Fester has managed to sell this special on one occasion, with a $15million fee the agreed price. He said that his victim thought it was hilarious, but he plans to use it for himself in future if he needs to due to a conflict with his enemies.
"In the past I had a certain squabble with a tv director that kept bounties on me, if I had the flight perk then I would have delayed all his flights along with bounties..."
Another way the flight special could be used is to benefit either the recipient or one's self. Hospitalising is a good way to save someone from the threat of assault, but staying in the air is even better, as it does not require you to turn off revives or commit an act of self-harm. Based on the comments I've received from various directors, it seems that the Detective Agency could be used to earn far more money than it is currently doing.
Even if busters aren't made arrestable, and even if Friend or Foe is never made saleable, the arrest and flight delay functions can and should be a lucrative source of income for those who know how to use them - either legitimately or scandalously. And with the first ten-star Detective Agency looking imminent, these companies are set to rake in even more cash in the near future.
I sent an information request through to Chedburn earlier today to ascertain the total amount of cash available to detectives from those with outstanding warrants. The figure he provided me blew my socks off, and so, I sit here typing the following number completely bare-footed. The total worth of every Torn citizen who has not yet been arrested is:
$56,575,780,867
Original article
Comments
Post a Comment