Skip to main content

Dear Aunty Torn

sugarvalves [1963573]
How much should you pay employees? What happens when a stalker finds you in real life? And why must expensive things be so expensive? Aunty Torn answers all in this most musty of mental musings


Hello dearies. I hope you're all well. Aunty Torn has been moisturising her neck incessantly since you last met. It's important to treat yourself well in these troubling times. The world can be quite distressing, as is evidenced by our first letter, which comes from a poor chap whose Torn cyberstalker has only gone and bloody-well discovered their real-life information.




Iribuya told Aunty that things first turned sour when a former trading partner and factionmate discovered that, contrary to his profile gender, he wasn't actually female - le gasp. This player was always a little strange, but things kicked up a notch when his stalker sent him threatening messages containing his full, real-life name. This was followed by a message referencing the name of his son, a streetname which is parallel to his own street, and a forum post which contained links to pictures of his kids.

Iribuya tried to reason with his stalker, explaining that he always plays the female character in games like this, and that he wasn't attempting to trick anyone into thinking he was really a lady. The player was reported for harassment and staff have warned the stalker to never do this again. Iribuya has blocked him too, but he still receives bounties from said player on a daily basis.

My question to you Aunty Torn is the following: Should I keep ignoring him or should I write a freak-evidence filled forum post about his creepy actions and start a full out bountie war on him. It's possible the Torn fathers & mothers and other sympatisers feel so disgusted by this actions that they can help me make him quit this game so we get rid of the creep.

You could also use your Ivory Walking Cane and "stick 'em with the pointy end". Thank you dear Aunty for reading my letter and I wish you all the luck upcoming Bingo season!

Hi, I have a lot of questions surrounding how he found out your name and real life info. If this was given to him by yourself and he is stalking you or if he somehow got access to your info through the game or other media applications, you need to take this to the authorities in your country. If you sincerely feel unsafe, Torn isn't important anymore in terms of playing the game.

If this person is posting pictures of your family and addresses, staff need to look into it further and see if legal action needs to be taken, though I'm not really sure what this game's policy is on real life harassment in terms of their commitment outside of the game itself.  The game isn't worth it, I would leave if I truly felt unsafe. Staff should immediately warn him not to have any interaction with you or he should be banned, if they have evidence he's harassing you in real life.

Good luck,
Aunty Torn





Aunty Torn had a stalker once. He was quite a famous actor you know. I won't tell you his full name, but the way that mustache tickled old Aunty was something she will never forget. RIP Burt. Anyway, our next reader is an anonymous business owner who has a question about salaries. Should he grow a mustache to intimidate his employees? Is it within the rules to hit your staff? These are just some of the questions this ditzy director did not ask, but should have.

I own a business, but am unsure of what to pay who and do not wish to underpay or overpay my employees. Is there a general accepted wage for any given job, or a general average for all jobs?

Hi, there is no harm in asking other directors about wages or people you know who run a company. In terms of fairness with your employees, it's really being you and them as individuals on what they will work for. You can always give incentives (monthly bonuses, raffles, raises) to those who stay loyal and active. But no, there is no specific "one size fits all" wage. Just like real life, bosses want profit margins and employees want to get paid as much as possible.

Good luck,
Aunty Torn





Aunty Torn is a big fan of hitting people, whether they are your employees, children, sickly co-workers or annoying strangers on the train. She still maintains that hitting your staff is the best way to make them work for peanuts, but before you do that, you should probably make sure you can beat them in a fight. Sebarial is a new resident of Torn City, and just like Aunty Torn, he's looking for a few tips on how to get tough and limber fast.

I've been playing for about a week now, but there's one thing I haven't figured out. How do I train properly? I feel like I'm wasting half my energy when I train both dexterity and defense. Shouldn't I do one or the other and ignore the leftover? Is there a normal ratio that's unspoken but followed by the wise ones?

Hi, there are many guides in the tutorials forums that give advice on training. Until you reach 50mill in that specific stat, the training is slow and monotonous.  Happy plays a super critical role in early training, so happy booster items are helpful.  You could also rent out properties with higher happy to help. Inevitably, you will want to get all your stats to 50mill at some point (or 3 of the 4, ignoring one stat all together).

Good luck!
Aunty Torn





If you're looking for a private island to boost your training then you probably should've entered Duke's recent giveaway competition. The disturbingly named Mukkywafflez clearly didn't do this, as he asked us a question which capitalists and socialists have debated for centuries: Why must expensive things be so expensive?

Dear Aunty Torn, why must Private Islands cost so many dollars? I'm but a little known player whom gets beaten by all those who face him, I've never been able to turn up the funds to buy myself one of these resort hangouts that many of the best own, and yet those many years younger than me own and have the privilege of using these island getaways to amazing results. And they punish their elders such as me as part of the package! So Aunty Torn, how does one acquire the coveted Private Island when one keeps getting beaten down?

Hi Mukky,  

I'm sorry you're a human punching bag... that must be stressful and painful. My best advice is to make "making money" your priority over owning a PI. I often tell people that they should invest in passive income (stock benefits, companies, flower running etc) and rent a PI, until they have enough passive income to sustain stat growth, then you can use excess to own a PI.

The mistake people often make is taking months/years to buy a PI.... Then they have to start over financially to build up finances just to be able to afford day to day items (xanax / rehab / point refills / cans /etc). Once you buy the PI, that money is pretty much tied up and can't be used to generate more income. Just like real life, it takes money to make money, don't tie all your finances into a property.

Good luck!
Aunty Torn





I'm afraid that's it for this week. Aunty has to go and slather her crinkled elbows in some kind of lotion to stop them cracking in the sun. Don't forget to keep on sending your questions to Aunty Torn via the newspaper's Tell Your Story feature. Everyone featured here today will receive a donator pack, regardless of whether they appeared anonymously or not. We'll be back with more questions and answers in a non-committal period of time when Aunty is greased up and willing.


Original article

Comments