Skip to main content

Ask Aunty Torn

sugarvalves [1963573]
Is life worth living? Is Torn a real place? And is gambling worth all that bother? The Times' resident old biddy answers these questions and more.


Happy New Year everyone! Are your livers recovered from the festivities? I only ask because Aunty may be in need of a new slice for herself given the large quantity of brandy and narcotics I've imbibed. But don't worry dearies, because Aunty is wide awake and full of vinegar in 2019, and it seems you lot are more curious than ever given how many letters I've received lately. We'll start with one young chap who seems to have begun the year by questioning his life choices - something Aunty learned to stop doing many decades ago.




What is the point of playing Torn city? I mean.. basically it's just clicking buttons all over again, sometimes you have a nice chat with a person, but tbh... it's pointless, isn't it? Just clicking buttons, collecting strings (money) and seeing numbers rise or fall. Please AUNTY TORN I need your help with a valid answer to this question because I myself have given up asking this question.

Cheers,
s0LA

Hi,

It's really up to you what you want to get out of a game. Torn can be slow paced and monotonous, but player interaction and long-term goals keep people engaged. You'll have to find your niche and set goals to keep yourself motivated

Good luck,
Aunty Torn




Aunty Torn feels a special affinity towards our last entrant, as I've been pondering a trip to Dignitas myself lately. Not because I'm bored or depressed or anything, it's just nice to have a day out now and then isn't it? Anyway, moving on. Our next reader has an even more challenging philosophical question for me. Blimey. It's too early in the day for this nonsense.

Is Torn being referred to as a game or as an actual city in the news and announcements? Because sometimes things happen in Torn that are inside a city, and other things are based inside of a game.

AdmChickiChubb


Hi,

Aunty often wonders whether life is a game. And if so, are we all playing by the same rules? Are we even playing the same game? I'm playing checkers this afternoon, but my lovely friend Frank will be having a bash on the old bagatelle. What was the question again? Oh yes. Torn is a city. This is implied by the name 'Torn City'. If it were a game it'd be called 'Torn Game'. I suppose some people get confused sometimes, even when they're fancy pants newspaper writers. I wouldn't think about it too much. It'll make your head hurt.





Our next reader is one of those women you hear about in the news. I've never seen one in Torn myself. I don't have mirrors in my room you see. Why would I? I'm an 89-year-old woman. Aunty knows she looks fabulous every day of the week. And since I rarely go out much these days, thankfully I don't have to put up with young rapscallions undressing me with their eyes, unlike our next reader.

A pig head idiot who got mad at me for refusing his cyber love keeps coming back under new names harassing me. What should I do?

Heavenheavz


Hi,

Aunty Torn also has this problem. Lots of young lads want a piece of this. You could just tell them you are a man and they might back off! Or maybe that's what they are into! In that case, you might need to report them if you don't want to be harassed! And in the meantime, send their name to Duke. He'll sort them out good and proper!

Good luck!
Aunty Torn





The next letter concerns a practice known as gambling. If you've never tried it, what you do is you pay someone to temporarily convince you that you're going to be rich. It's like college in that respect. But is it a wise way to spend your pennies? Trashgod doesn't think so, but he isn't entirely sure.

I don't know if gambling in general is worth it. I have probably lost close to 15 mil (blackjack and spin the wheel). I think it is a very quick way to increase your money but in the end, you might just lose it all. What should I do, Aunty Torn?

Trashgod

Hi,

Gambling is a high-risk high reward game. What can take months to gain trading stocks/items, working in companies, etc..., can take 20 minutes to lose in the Casino. Ya know old people such as myself are susceptible to gambling addictions. Knitting sweaters and chasing grandpas around the old folks home gets boring... and also has a high risk of STDs! Trying to keep my granny parts in their prime. Sometimes Aunty Torn wants to roll the slots but I try not to risk it! My advice to you is to stop gambling or join Relentless.

Good luck!
Aunty Torn




Our final reader this week has sent Aunty a lengthy message which we'll try and trim down for your pleasure. Under_Alpha was a new player when he wrote to Aunty at just three days old. He complained of a stalker called Don_Uno who he'd mugged recently, and who attacked him in a bid to gain revenge. The attacker lost, but was undeterred by this defeat, and has continued to attack Under_Alpha every day since, losing on each occasion.

Aunty Torn I pity him and I want him to stop hitting himself but I also don't, after all its all great for my sadistic part. Also he singlehandedly gave me my kill streaker honor (which I currently using now). But I fear that he someday he will dislike our parasitic relationship and leave me. I don't want that to happen! NO! I DON'T WANT THAT! I really need your help aunty Torn... So I will eagerly wait for your reply and the donator pack with it.

Sincerely,
Under_alpha


Hi, I don't really have any advice for you. If you want someone to keep attacking you and losing, you may have to pay them in the future.




That last young man seems to have found a solution to his 'woes' since he wrote to us, as he hasn't been seen in the city for over a hundred days. One can only presume that the poor soul is dead. But if you're alive and kicking and all confused about Torn life, send in your queries to Aunty via the newspaper's Tell Your Story button, and for every daft inquiry we publish, the author will receive a shiny new Donator Pack for their troubles. Aunty will be back when she's stopped leaking in the street. Ta ta for now!


Original article

Comments