sugarvalves [1963573] —
Original article
What can you do when you're trolled by Duke? How do new players transition from New Player Chat? And what happens when you discover you're married to a scammer? To find out, let's Ask Aunty Torn!
Aunty is self-isolating like the rest of you right now, so that means she has even more time to answer your queries and questions! Since the world is about to end let's curtail this waffling and cut to the chase with our first question, which comes from an anonymous young soul who was trolled by Duke.

Dear Aunty,
So a few months ago I was bored and decided I wanted to message Duke to see if anything came out of it and low and behold I got a response back! I asked him what I would have to do in order to earn a private island from him and he told me that I had to put 10 bounties on Dekloren with the reason stating he's a Lil Baby Llama and the Island was mine.
I did so and didn't hear back for a week, 2 weeks and finally I got a hold of Dekloren and owned up to putting bounties on him and explained the story only to find out that HE controlled Duke. He told me he had no recollection of telling me such a thing and that is was most likely another member of the staff trolling me.
But the thing is, I spent my hard-earned money doing this for what, a joke? I'm still a bit salty and want what's mine. But I'm also aware that I was a bit naive in believing that would actually work. Anyways that's my story and I'll never make that mistake again! I also have screenshots I took of our convo.
Anonymous,
Duke should uphold his end of the deal, even if he is a swindler. Maybe Aunty can work something out with The Duke to get him to loan you his PI for a month. I will say that trolling Dekloren is always fun, but not always wise. Dekloren is a relentless Torn nemesis. He holds grudges and loves to get people riled up. (Aunty thinks he’s just compensating).
Best of Luck!
Aunty Torn

Dear Aunty Torn,
It has come time for me to leave the NPC chat (New players chat). I’ve had great friends and memories from the chat and am very hesitant to move on. From what I’ve heard Global Chat is not nearly as fun and I’m worried they’ll mug me for saying hello. I want to progress while still being able to chat with my friends. What should I do?
Munchkin8r5000
Dear Munchkin,
You are right to be hesitant about global chat, it can be a toxic environment but there are also some really great people on there. Mugging is a part of the game, just don’t keep a lot of money on hand and you’ll be alright. Add those people from new players chat to your friends list and try to stay in touch with them. Other than that an active friendly faction could fill that need for you!
Best of luck!
Aunty Torn

Dear Aunty Torn,
Recently, I have noticed that my s.o. has been getting bountied for being a scam by at least 3 different people. I looked through their forum posts, but couldn't find anything related to what they were accused of.
On one hand, they seem like a pretty nice guy to me; they send me gifts and are really polite. On the other hand, I don't really want to be associated with a scammer, especially when I know they had enough money to pay those people for their services. What should I do?
- Anonymous
Dear Anonymous,
Friends to Enemy ratio is generally a good indicator of someone’s reputation on Torn. If this is a pretty isolated ratio and your spouse doesn’t have a lot of enemies, it may not be a big deal. People get triggered pretty easily and will bounty for any reason. I would just talk to your spouse about it and make the decision for yourself. As long as you aren’t married to someone like realistassassin or other notable muggers, I can’t imagine it impacting your game play too much. Scamming is legal after all, so it’s really your call!
Good luck!
Aunty Torn

My boss got caught and sent to federal jail for multiple accounts, leaving his 10-star company, it has started to downgrade one star at a time and I can't let this company go to waste, what do I do?
Anon
Dear Anon,
If your boss has no chance of returning from fed, you are best off joining another company. His company is lost with his account, unfortunately. If you have contact with this person outside of torn and think they may get their account back, sticking it out a bit is fine? Then again, once he’s hit 10*, climbing back to 10* is easier because he’s already gotten the EXP needed, he would just need to rebuild the finances to be competitive, at which point you could help him rebuild!
Good luck!
Aunty Torn

Dear Aunty Torn,
This time of the year brings back bad memories for me. About a year ago, I got into a trade with 1973958. Back then, his name used to be ego or something. I wanted to get some liquid cash for some of my recently acquired CT loot. I was about level 10 or something back then, and he was about level 50. Long story short, I got swindled and got about 0.001% of my goods' worth out of the trade.
I wanted to get my revenge then but couldn't because of the level gap and all. I kinda went inactive for a part of this year and didn't really advance much. He, on the other hand, is now on level 59 and seems more out of reach of my revenge's grasp than ever. How can I get my revenge / justice?
Sincerely, anon
Dear Anonymous,
The nature of Torn requires activity for growth. Unfortunately, it’s really hard to make up for lost time. The best you can do is work on your personal growth and try to catch up. The only way to do that is to really focus on finances. Other than you taking revenge yourself, you could get a friend to.
At some point, you may need to ask yourself what cost is worth the revenge? You placing bounties and such will just slow your financial growth and Torn success. At some point, you may need to let it go and grow your account the best you can. Just add them to enemies list and let it motivate you to learn from your mistake and grow your account for the future!
Best of Luck!
Aunty Torn

That's all for this month folks, unless we get bored and decided to publish some more of your questions - which is a distinct possibility seeing as we can't go around burgling people's houses anymore. Nobody thought of burglars when they released this damn virus, did they?
Anyway, if you'd like to ask Aunty a question, please check it's one that hasn't already been asked, because Aunty may have lost control of her memory, but she hasn't yet lost control of her memory. All questions can be sent in via the TCT's Tell Your Story feature, and if your question is published you will receive a Donator Pack!
Best of luck with the plague everyone, and make sure you stay inside!
Aunty

Dear Aunty,
So a few months ago I was bored and decided I wanted to message Duke to see if anything came out of it and low and behold I got a response back! I asked him what I would have to do in order to earn a private island from him and he told me that I had to put 10 bounties on Dekloren with the reason stating he's a Lil Baby Llama and the Island was mine.
I did so and didn't hear back for a week, 2 weeks and finally I got a hold of Dekloren and owned up to putting bounties on him and explained the story only to find out that HE controlled Duke. He told me he had no recollection of telling me such a thing and that is was most likely another member of the staff trolling me.
But the thing is, I spent my hard-earned money doing this for what, a joke? I'm still a bit salty and want what's mine. But I'm also aware that I was a bit naive in believing that would actually work. Anyways that's my story and I'll never make that mistake again! I also have screenshots I took of our convo.
Anonymous,
Duke should uphold his end of the deal, even if he is a swindler. Maybe Aunty can work something out with The Duke to get him to loan you his PI for a month. I will say that trolling Dekloren is always fun, but not always wise. Dekloren is a relentless Torn nemesis. He holds grudges and loves to get people riled up. (Aunty thinks he’s just compensating).
Best of Luck!
Aunty Torn

Dear Aunty Torn,
It has come time for me to leave the NPC chat (New players chat). I’ve had great friends and memories from the chat and am very hesitant to move on. From what I’ve heard Global Chat is not nearly as fun and I’m worried they’ll mug me for saying hello. I want to progress while still being able to chat with my friends. What should I do?
Munchkin8r5000
Dear Munchkin,
You are right to be hesitant about global chat, it can be a toxic environment but there are also some really great people on there. Mugging is a part of the game, just don’t keep a lot of money on hand and you’ll be alright. Add those people from new players chat to your friends list and try to stay in touch with them. Other than that an active friendly faction could fill that need for you!
Best of luck!
Aunty Torn

Dear Aunty Torn,
Recently, I have noticed that my s.o. has been getting bountied for being a scam by at least 3 different people. I looked through their forum posts, but couldn't find anything related to what they were accused of.
On one hand, they seem like a pretty nice guy to me; they send me gifts and are really polite. On the other hand, I don't really want to be associated with a scammer, especially when I know they had enough money to pay those people for their services. What should I do?
- Anonymous
Dear Anonymous,
Friends to Enemy ratio is generally a good indicator of someone’s reputation on Torn. If this is a pretty isolated ratio and your spouse doesn’t have a lot of enemies, it may not be a big deal. People get triggered pretty easily and will bounty for any reason. I would just talk to your spouse about it and make the decision for yourself. As long as you aren’t married to someone like realistassassin or other notable muggers, I can’t imagine it impacting your game play too much. Scamming is legal after all, so it’s really your call!
Good luck!
Aunty Torn

My boss got caught and sent to federal jail for multiple accounts, leaving his 10-star company, it has started to downgrade one star at a time and I can't let this company go to waste, what do I do?
Anon
Dear Anon,
If your boss has no chance of returning from fed, you are best off joining another company. His company is lost with his account, unfortunately. If you have contact with this person outside of torn and think they may get their account back, sticking it out a bit is fine? Then again, once he’s hit 10*, climbing back to 10* is easier because he’s already gotten the EXP needed, he would just need to rebuild the finances to be competitive, at which point you could help him rebuild!
Good luck!
Aunty Torn

Dear Aunty Torn,
This time of the year brings back bad memories for me. About a year ago, I got into a trade with 1973958. Back then, his name used to be ego or something. I wanted to get some liquid cash for some of my recently acquired CT loot. I was about level 10 or something back then, and he was about level 50. Long story short, I got swindled and got about 0.001% of my goods' worth out of the trade.
I wanted to get my revenge then but couldn't because of the level gap and all. I kinda went inactive for a part of this year and didn't really advance much. He, on the other hand, is now on level 59 and seems more out of reach of my revenge's grasp than ever. How can I get my revenge / justice?
Sincerely, anon
Dear Anonymous,
The nature of Torn requires activity for growth. Unfortunately, it’s really hard to make up for lost time. The best you can do is work on your personal growth and try to catch up. The only way to do that is to really focus on finances. Other than you taking revenge yourself, you could get a friend to.
At some point, you may need to ask yourself what cost is worth the revenge? You placing bounties and such will just slow your financial growth and Torn success. At some point, you may need to let it go and grow your account the best you can. Just add them to enemies list and let it motivate you to learn from your mistake and grow your account for the future!
Best of Luck!
Aunty Torn

That's all for this month folks, unless we get bored and decided to publish some more of your questions - which is a distinct possibility seeing as we can't go around burgling people's houses anymore. Nobody thought of burglars when they released this damn virus, did they?
Anyway, if you'd like to ask Aunty a question, please check it's one that hasn't already been asked, because Aunty may have lost control of her memory, but she hasn't yet lost control of her memory. All questions can be sent in via the TCT's Tell Your Story feature, and if your question is published you will receive a Donator Pack!
Best of luck with the plague everyone, and make sure you stay inside!
Aunty
Original article
Comments
Post a Comment