Skip to main content

Dear Aunty Torn

sugarvalves [1963573]
How can you buy an Audi S3, why are you overdosing all the time, and what makes a good faction member? Find out the answers to all these and more in our latest Aunty Torn column.
Guess who isn't dead! That's right, Aunty Torn has survived the current plague and is positively foaming at the prospect of answering more of your questions and queries. This month's entries are a little longer than usual, which Aunty attributes to everyone being locked up inside with nobody to talk to. FYI, this is something your grandparents have dealt with for years, you selfish bunch of b***ards.





Drugsovahugs

I've been racing in C Class for quite a bit now and when I go to the enlist car section there is an option at the bottom which allows you to enlist cars purchased from the docks. One of these cars is an Audi S3 but you come to find it's never available at the Docks and it's never for sale on item Market I asked around and heard tons of stories from there we doing the racing feature to no knowledge of even a car such existing can you help me fill in the missing link and find out why Torn buried this car?


Hi Drugsovahugs,

The Audi S3 was never available via The Docks to purchase. Both this car and the Bugatti were made a long time ago but only became available to use when the PRC / Ultimate Racing Tournament started handing them out as prizes. The Audi S3 and the Bugatti will never be sold via The Docks, despite what the link on the enlistment page shows you.

If you want to own an Audi S3, you need to come second in either the Summer or Winter URT - the former returns in July. Alternatively, you can hit up the drivers who won them in previous tournaments to see if they're willing to sell!

Good luck!
Aunty Torn






I've been living in this city for some time now, and like many other people, I rely on my daily dose of Xanax to improve. However, I seem to have really bad luck when taking these products, despite being in a faction with OD reduction chance. I don't want to use the word "unfair", as luck is part of life, whether it's in Torn or in real life, but I have to admit that I get a bit sad seeing my overdose chance at 3% most of the time, while many other people with similar numbers are at 1%.

I fear that this can have a negative long-term impact in my Torn lifestyle, as rehabilitation fees and longer drug cooldown do not help while trying to be competitive. I don't want to be a little crybaby, but I just feel like I'm playing in "hard mode" sometimes. Taking into account your extensive experience in this city, would you have any wise words to help me cope with this situation?

Nomadwarhead



A little crybaby.

Dear Nomad,

Unfortunately overdosing is just a part of the game. I think 2 – 3 % is the average across Torn, and at 2.72% you're well within that. If your faction already has OD reduction, then it’s just left to random chance. RNG impacts many areas of torn, its part of the excitement (and rage!). Focus on financial growth through companies/stocks/banking/item trading/mugging and you will be just fine in the long run. If you can get to a place to use energy cans / FHC’s to train a bit, you’ll make up for the lost Xanax training too.

Best of luck!

Aunty Torn





Dear Aunty Torn,

A few months ago my faction booted a member for being an asshole to other members. He then proceeded to target one of our members and only stopped after extorting a DP out of a faction mate. Since then he's upheld his agreement to stop beating up this one faction mate but occasionally he starts picking on our noobs. He would then stop and start messaging members of the faction expressing how he wishes to return to the faction. Sometimes he'd then start picking on noobs again before we could even give him an answer. (Obviously, no.)

That, however never stops him from reapplying and being declined. Once he reapplied so much in a short period of time that we had to turn off applications. Then he'd claim he's happy at his new faction and has made peace with the past but that never lasts long and this whole stupid cycle starts all over again. As you can imagine, dealing with this guy is pretty annoying. How can my faction get him to understand that he's not wanted and would never be wanted?

Anon



Anon,

Starving trolls of attention generally does the trick, if he continues to actively harass new members, you’ll need the faction as a whole to stand up to him, maybe reach out to his new faction for help. Other than that, there isn’t much you can do other than to have people add him to enemies list and block him. Then he can’t communicate with anyone in the faction (without breaking rules) and his enemies list on his profile page will grow and that won’t be a good look for his Torn future.

Good luck!
Aunty Torn

P.S. We anonymized this player to avoid bringing more attention to the troll. Please remember to let Aunty know if you'd like to be anonymous.






I just recently joined a faction and it's really cool so far and I'm mostly wondering what makes a good faction member? I've heard some stories about members starting unwarranted wars and taking the factions drugs and I'm wondering what else I can do to help out the faction and what not to do.

Sincerely,
Excited but wondering.


Excited,

I think gratitude for what they offer you goes a long way, along with contributing your part. Your faction succeeds when its members grow stronger, contribute in wars for more unlocks, and actively grow their knowledge of the game, especially financially. I strongly believe a faction helping people get on their feet financially invests in the faction’s future as a whole, it also encourages loyalty, which smaller factions need for long term success. Talk to your leaders, be sure to thank people for helping you, and do your part to grow your game and contribute to faction events/wars/etc.

It's also important not to bring trouble to your faction unnecessarily. If you post salt in the forums, attract a lot of bounties, or engage in shady practices like bug exploitation and buymugging, many of the top factions simply won't touch you. Just look at Deimos who robbed Unrelenting's faction bank in their dying days. No faction would take him after that, and those who did were forced to boot him by their allies. He's now had to pitch up at The Redeem Team... and that says it all.

Good Guck!
Aunty Torn





Dear Aunty Torn,

What do I have to do to get on your column? I previously sent in a question over the Christmas break and didn't get featured. So I guess my question (and this is as much for others as it is for me) is what to do when asking questions to ensure that the question stays relevant and is featured in your column.

Sincerely yours,
Puzzled Questioner


Dear Questioner,

You can start by asking an interesting question like this! Aunty has written a good number of columns now, and many of the questions we receive are repetitive. Though different types of people read each column, Aunty gets bored of writing the same responses. I like to look for new and interesting concepts to write about. But don’t get discouraged, keep putting in good questions and hopefully, I will pick some I like!

Specific and unique questions are always welcomed. Oh, and try to be brief. Nobody wants to read an essay.


Good luck!
Aunty Torn





That's all for this month dearies. If you'd like to win a Donator Pack by getting your questions published in the next Aunty Torn column, please send in your queries via the Tell Your Story feature with the title Aunty Torn. We'd encourage you to try and ask interesting questions that we haven't heard before, otherwise, your details will be added to our blackmail list for Aunty's future reference.

Times are hard. Aunty's gotta make bank somehow!


Original article

Comments